Part of the Philosophical Studies in Contemporary Culture book series (PSCC, volume 20)
The Soft Power in the Confucian “Kingly Way”
In his “To perpetual peace: A philosophical sketch” , Immanuel Kant argues that perpetual peace in global society is guaranteed not by the improvement of the moral quality of the human race, but by the force of nature
KeywordsForeign Policy Moral Virtue Military Force Primary Good Soft Power
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Clausewitz, C. von. 1976. On War. Translated by M. Howard, and P. Paret. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Jiang, Qing & Sheng, Hong. (2004). Achieving Good by Good Means (Yi Shan Zhi Shan). Shanghai: Sanliang Book House.Google Scholar
- Kant, I. 1983. Perpetual Peace and Other Essays. Translated by T. Humphry. Indianapolis, IN: Hackett Publishing.Google Scholar
- Legge, J., trans. 1885. Li Chi: Book of Rites. US: Kessinger Publishing.Google Scholar
- Lin, G. (林桂榛). 2004. “‘Lun Xianqin Rujia de Zhanzhen Lunli Guan’ (論先秦儒家的戰爭倫理觀, On Pre-Qin Confucian Moral Theory of Wars).” Confucius 2000, n.p., August 27, 2004, http://www.confucius2000.com/confucian/lxqrjdzzllg.htm. Accessed on July 15, 2010.
- Muller, C., trans. 2009a. The Great Learning. http://www.sacred-texts.com/cfu/conf2.htm. Accessed July 15, 2010.
- Muller, C., trans. 2009b. The Doctrine of the Mean. http://www.sacred-texts.com/cfu/conf3.htm. Accessed July 15, 2010.
- Nye, J. 2004. Soft Power: The Means to Success in World Politics. New York: Public Affairs.Google Scholar
- Rawls, J. 1996. Political Liberalism. New York: Columbia University Press.Google Scholar
- Sima, Q. 1994. Book of Historical Documents (Shiji史記). Changsha: Yuelu Book House.Google Scholar
- Sun, T. The Art of War. Translated by L. Giles. Chinese Classics and Traditions, n.p., n.d., http://www.afpc.asso.fr/wengu/wg/wengu.php?l=Sunzi&s=1. Accessed on July 15, 2010.
- US Catholic Bishops. 1992. “The Challenge of Peace: God’s Promise and Our Response.” In Just War Theory, edited by J. B. Elshtain, 77–168. Oxford: Basil Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Waley, A., trans. 1996. The Book of Songs, edited by J. R. Allen. New York: Grove Press.Google Scholar
- Waley, A., trans. 1999. The Analects. Chang Sha: Hunan People’s Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Zhao, Z., Zhang, W., and Zhou, D., trans. 1999. Mencius. Chang Sha: Hunan People’s Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Zhouli. 1964. 周禮, Rites of Zhou. Taipei: Commercial Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011