Highly efficient soft X-ray microscope using a PMMA phase-reversal zone plate
Compact soft X-ray microscopes, using high harmonics as a light source, were constructed. A phase-reversal zone plate fabricated with polymethyl methacrylate was adopted to improve the focusing efficiency. Microscope images at 13 nm were acquired with sub-100 nm resolution, and the exposure time was reduced by a half, compared to that of the one using a gold Fresnel zone plate. A single-shot microscope image could be obtained using a strong harmonic at 22 nm generated in the two-color laser field consisting of the fundamental and the second harmonic of a femtosecond laser.
KeywordsFemtosecond Laser High Harmonic Zone Plate Concave Mirror Opaque Zone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Paul, P. M., Toma, E. S., Breger, P., Mullot, G., Augé, F., Balcou, Ph., Muller, H. G., and Agostini, P. : ‘Observation of a train of attosecond pulses from high harmonic Generation’ Science292, 1689, 2001Google Scholar
- 2.Gauthier, D., Guizar-Sicairos, M, Ge, X., Boutu, W., Carré, B., Fienup, J. R., and Merdji, H. : ‘Single-shot femtosecond x-ray holography using extended reference’, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 093901, 2010Google Scholar
- 3.Miao, J., Tetsuya, 1., Anderson, E. H., Hodgson, K. O. : ‘Phase retrieval of diffraction patterns from noncrystalline samples using the oversampling method ‘, Phys. Rev. B 67, 174104, 2003Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, 1 J., Kim, C. M., Kim, H. T., Lee, G. H., Lee, Y. S., Park. J. Y., Cho, D. J., and Nam, C. H.: ‘Highly Efficient High-Harmonic Generation in an Orthogonally Polarized Two-Color Laser Field’, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 243901, 2005Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, 1 J., Lee, G. H., Park, S. B., Lee, Y. S., Kim, T. K., and Nam, C. H., Mocek, T. and Jakubczak, K. : ‘Generation of submicrojoule high harmonics using a long gas jet in a two-color laser field’, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 021125, 2008Google Scholar