Advances in String Theory in Curved Backgrounds: A Synthesis Report
A synthetic report of the advances in the study of classical and quantum string dynamics in curved backgrounds is provided, namely : the new feature of Multistring solutions ; the mass spectrum of Strings in Curved backgrounds; The effect of a Cosmological Constant and of Spacial Curvature on Classical and Quantum Strings; Classical splitting of Fundamental Strings; The General String Evolution in constant Curvature Spacetimes; The Conformal Invariance Effects; Strings on plane fronted and gravitational shock waves, string falling on spacetime singularities and its spectrum.
New Developments in String Gravity and String Cosmology are reported : String driven cosmology and its Predictions; The primordial gravitational wave background; Non-singular string cosmologies from Exact Conformal Field Theories; Quantum Field Theory, String Temperature and the String Phase of de Sitter space-time; Hawking Radiation in String Theory and the String Phase of Black Holes; New Dual Relation between Quantum Field Theory regime and String regime and the “QFT/String Tango”; New Coherent String States and Minimal Uncertainty Principle in string theory.
KeywordsBlack Hole String Solution Classical String Spacetime Singularity Quantum String
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.J. de Vega and N. Sanchez, “Exact integrability of strings in D-dimensional de Sitter spacetime” Phys. Rev D 47, 3394 (1993).Google Scholar
- H.J. de Vega and N. Sanchez, “Back reaction of strings in Selfconsistent String Cosmology”, Phys. Rev. D50, 2623 (1994).Google Scholar
- N. Sanchez, “String Driven Cosmology and its Predictions” In the 8th Course of the Chalonge School, NATO ASI, Kluwer Pub. vol 40, pp 81–102, (2001).Google Scholar
- H.J. de Vega, A.L. Larsen and N. Sanchez, “Non-Singular String Cosmologies from Exact Conformai Field Theories” Phys Rev D 61 066003 (2000).Google Scholar
- M. Ramon Medrano and N. Sanchez, “New Dual Relations between Quantum Field Theory and String Regimes in Curved Backgrounds”, in the 7th Course of the Chalonge School, NATO ASI, Khrwer Pub., vol 562C, pp 121–130 (2001).Google Scholar
- H.J. de Vega and N. Sanchez, “String falling into spacetime singularities” Phys. Rev. D45, 2784, (1992)Google Scholar
- H.J. de Vega and N. Sanchez, ”Quantum string scattering in the Aichelburg-Sexl geometry”, Nucl. Phys. B317, 706 (1989)Google Scholar
- H.J. de Vega and N. Sanchez, ”Quantum string dynamics in black hole spacetimes”, Nucl. Phys. B309, 552 (1989); B309, 577 (1989)Google Scholar
- H.J. de Vega and N. Sanchez, ”Mass and Energy Momentum Tensor of quantum strings in gravitational shock-waves”, IJMPA7, n° 13, 3043 (1992)Google Scholar