Shape Fabrication of Cotton-Derived Inorganic Hollow Ribbons
Cotton ribbons serve as unique templates for the shape fabrication of a wide range of woven inorganic hollow ribbons, like ceramic, semiconducting, magnetic and others. In principle, this novel shaping process is very simple and of low cost due to the nature of the cotton template. An interesting highlight of the present work concerns the morphogenesis of magnetic hollow ribbons of γ-Fe2O3 and its effect on its magnetic properties.
KeywordsCotton Material Inorganic Phase Random Packing Cotton Surface Twist Ribbon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Göltner, C. G.; Berton, B.; Kramer, E.; Antonietti, M. Chem. Commun. 1998, 2287.Google Scholar
- 12.Imai, H.; Iwaya, Y.; Shimizu, K.; Hirashima, H. Chem. Lett. 2000, 906.Google Scholar
- 19.The composition of the magnetic hollow ribbons is purely that of an iron(III) oxide phase as evidenced from iron elemental analysis.Google Scholar
- 20.Powdered γ-Fe2O3 was prepared under identical conditions with those applied for the synthesis of the γ-Fe2O3 hollow ribbons.Google Scholar
- 21.Bourlinos, A. B.; Petridis, D. unpublished results.Google Scholar