Dose Assessment Around Yenikoy Coal-Fired Power Plantdue To Measured Gross Alpha Radioactivity Levels In Flying Ash Of The Plant
YPP (Yeniköy Power Plant) is located in Muğla province to produce electricity since some important part of lignite reserve of Turkey is in this region and it has a power of 2x210 MW. Lignite in Muğla province contains some uranium as all lignite does. Lignite in uranium passes to ash with a higher concentration during the firing process in furnace chamber at 1000 oC. While well-burned ash goes to the plant chimney, the others are not burned perfectly which are called slag ashen drops the furnace chamber floor. The radioactive in flying ash is released to the atmosphere, depending on the efficiency of the plant's chimney emission control equipment .
KeywordsThermal Power Plant Alpha Activity Plume Rise Cattle Density Turkish State Meteorological
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1-Kınacı, S. R.: Energy and radioactive environment, Proceedings of National Fifth Energy Conference, Ankara, Turkey, (1990), p.213.Google Scholar
- 2-Eral, M.: Determination of uranium in ash-wasted from a thermal power plant and effect of them on the environment, Proceedings of Environment-87 Symposium, Izmir, Turkey, (1987), p. E–1.Google Scholar
- 3-Parks, B.; Chaki, S. P. E.:CAP88-PC Version 2.0 Updated User's Guide, EPA 402-R-00-004, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4-Annual Meteorological Conditions in Yeniköy, Turkish State Meteorological Service, Ankara,Turkey, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5-Population by District, Sub-district and Villages for Muğla, Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry State Institute Statistics, Ankara, Turkey, 1997, p.8.Google Scholar
- 6-Gross Alpha and Beta for Various Matrices, Laboratory Procedures Manual, Part B, Revision No:12, ORISE/ESSAP, 2001, p.3.Google Scholar
- 7-Instruction Manual for Ludlum Model 43-10 Alpha Sample Counter, Ludlum Measurements, Inc., Texas, USA, 1992, p.1.Google Scholar
- 9-Selçuk, N.; Atımtay, A.; Uslu, O.; Cirik, Ş.; Vurdu, H.; Tuncel, G.; Kaya, Z.; Evirgen, M.; Yurteri, C.: Scientific Committee Report for Kemerköy Thermal Power Plant, Ankara, Turkey, 1995, p.9.Google Scholar
- 10-Akyüz, T.; Varinlioğlu, A.; Köse, A.; Derman, D.: Gamma isotopic analysis in flying ash samples collected from several thermal power plants, Proceedings of VII. National Nuclear Sciences and Technology Conference, Istanbul Technical University, Institute for Nuclear Energy, Istanbul, Turkey, (1996), p.239.Google Scholar
- 11-Technical Report for Yeniköy Power Plant, Yeniköy Power Plant Administration Office, Muğla, Turkey, 1998.Google Scholar