Evaluation Of Determined Uranium Concentrations Of Natural Waters In Manisa-Demirci Region Using Laser Fluorimetric Uranium Analyser
Laser fluorescence technique is an instrumental method, which has been developed for the determination of trace levels of uranium in solution. In this study, the application of this method to the natural waters is presented. The samples collected from Manisa-Demirci Region were analysed using a Scintrex UA-3 laser fluorimetric uranium analyzer. The determination is based on the fluorescence of a uranyl complex formed by fluran (scintrex), which is a buffered inorganic complexion reagent.
KeywordsNatural Water Uranium Concentration Internal Standard Method Natural Water Sample Uranyl Complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Singh, S. Kher, A. G. Bhujle (1998) Laser Induced Fluorimetric Estimation of Uranium in Natural Waters of Zambia, The International Journal of Environmental Studies, 1.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Eral, N. Kabay (1988) Measurement of Uranium in Natural Waters by Laser Fluorescence Technique, Journal of Spectroscopy, 9, p.77–87.Google Scholar
- 4.Scintrex Instruction Manual UA-3 Uranium Analyser.Google Scholar
- 6.Bakaç, M. (1998) The Examination of the Gediz River and its Surroundings by the Factor Analysis Method Determining the Levels of Radioactivity, Major and Trace Element, Ph.D. Thesis, Ege University, Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Izmir, Turkey (in Turkish).Google Scholar
- 7.Yavuz, M. (1999) Investigation of Impurity Parameters and Natural Radioactivity of Nif Rivulet, Ph.D. Thesis, Ege University, Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Izmir, Turkey (in Turkish).Google Scholar