Experimental Analysis of Metamaterials’ Spectra to Design Tunable THz-GHz Passive Devices
Here we present the experimental study of spectral properties of specials metamaterials, formed by periodical composite structures/devices. The numerical analysis of their spectra is performed. The possibility to design magnetically tunable THz-GHz band passive elements based on the given metamaterials is under discussion.
KeywordsPhotonic Crystal Artificial Medium Constitutive Parameter Passive Device Negative Permittivity
Authors are grateful to Prof. M. Samoylovich (CSITI “TEKHNOMASH”, Russia); Prof. A. Pogorily and Prof. A. Tovstolitkin (Imag NASU, Ukraine), Prof. A. Belous (IGNC NASU, Ukraine) for kindly given samples. Research is supported partially by the STCU grants #4912, #5210.
- Born M, Volf E, 1968 Principles of Optics (Oxford: Pergamon Press).Google Scholar
- S. Chernovtsev, D. Belozorov, S. Tarapov, Magnetically controllable 1D magnetophotonic crystal in millimeter wavelength band, J.Phys.D: Appl.Phys. vol 40, pp.295-299, 2007.Google Scholar
- Vinogradov A, Dorofeenko A, Erokhin S, Inoue M et al 2006 Phys.Rev B 74 045128.Google Scholar
- D.P. Belozorov, M.K. Khodzitsky, S.I. Tarapov, Tamm states in magnetophotonic crystals and permittivity of the wire medium, J.Phys.D:Appl.Phys., vol 42, pp055003(1-5), 2009.Google Scholar
- M. K. Khodzitsky, T. V. Kalmykova, S. I. Tarapov, D. P. Belozorov, A. M. Pogorily, Left-handed behavior of strontium-doped lanthanum manganite in the millimeter waveband, Appl. Phys. Letters, vol. 95, pp.082903(1-3), 2009.Google Scholar
- M. Khodzitsky, A. Kharchenko, A. Strashevskyi, S. Tarapov, Left-Handed Properties of Metal-Ferrite Composites Placed into Waveguide in Millimetric Wave Range, Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, v. 68, N7, p.561-566, 2009.Google Scholar
- M.I. Samoylovich, Nanomaterials, TEKHNOMASH, 2007 (in Rus.).Google Scholar
- A.A. Bulgakov, A.A.Girich, M.K.Khodzitsky, O.V.Shramkova, S.I.Tarapov, Transmission of electromagnetic waves in a magnetic fine-stratified structure, Journal of the Opt. Soc. of Am. B (JOSA B:Optical Physics), v. 26, N12, p.156-160, 2009.Google Scholar