This book looks at the Law and Policy on Betting and Sport in many countries around the world—sport is a global phenomenon—providing a very useful and valuable comparative survey on a subject that is so vital for safeguarding and preserving the integrity of those sports in which betting is legally allowed.The country reports show how sports-related betting is organized in the country concerned, also from a historical and policy perspective (national Lotteries Act; state run/state licensed lotteries and/or private operators; how the licensing system for public operators works; state supervisory mechanisms, etc.), and contain a treatment of the national case law.
- Littler A (2007) The regulation of gambling at European level. The balance to be found. ERA Forum (2007)8. http://arno.uvt.nl/show.cgi?fid=71680
- Papaloukas M (2007) Legal aspects of players agents licensing system in football. Sport Manag Int J 3(1). http://www.choregia.org/4.pdf
- Papaloukas M (2008) Sport: case law of the court of justice of the E.C. (Papaloukas Editions). http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1311952
- Papaloukas M (2009a) Article 86(2) EC and the principle of proportionality. Sport Manag Int J. http://www.choregia.org, (To be published)
- Papaloukas M (2009b) Betting on sports events. Presented in the 15th IASL world sports law congress in Warsaw, 19–21 November 2009Google Scholar
- Papaloukas M (2009c) Sports Betting and the New Bwin Liga Case. Sport Manag Int J. http://www.choregia.org, (To be published)