Periodic Set of the Interface Cracks with Limited Electric Permeability
Plane problem for an infinite space which consists of two different piezoelectric materials with periodic set of the limited electrically permeable interface cracks is considered. Uniformly distributed electromechanical loading is applied. The solution of the problem is obtained in close form by use of complex function theory. Formulae for stresses, electric displacement vector, elastic displacements and electric potential jump at the interface as well as the intensity factors at the crack tips are given. The main attention is paid to the influence of electric permeability of the cracks on electromechanical fields in the composite. As a particular case the periodic set of limited permeable cracks in a homogeneous piezoelectric material is studied.
KeywordsPiezoelectric Material Interface Crack Electric Displacement Permeable Crack Impermeable Crack
- 1.Deeg W (1980) The analysis of dislocation, crack and inclusion problems in piezoelectric solids. Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 8.Kudryavtsev B, Rakitin V (1976) Periodic set of cracks in the boundary of a piezoelectric and a rigid conductor. Isv. AN SSSR. Mechanika Tvordogo Tela 2:121–129 [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 10.Li Q, Chen Y (2008) Solution for a semi-permeable interface crack in elastic dielectric/piezoelectric bimaterials. ASME J Appl Mech 75:011010-1-13Google Scholar
- 11.Li W, McMeeking R, Landis (2008) On the crack face boundary conditions in electromechanical fracture and an experimental protocol for determining energy release rates. Eur J Mech A/Solids 27:285–301Google Scholar
- 15.Parton V, Kudryavtsev B (1988) Electromagnetoelasticity. Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, New YorkGoogle Scholar