An Adaptive System for Movement Decision Support in Building Evacuation
In this paper we propose the use of a system that provides movement decision support to evacuees. We first present a fully distributed system, which takes into account the spatial characteristics of hazard propagation. We also design and evaluate a system that is based on a decentralised architecture. We use a multi-agent simulation platform for building evacuation that we developed, in order to evaluate our proposed systems.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Decision Support System Robot Navigation Building Evacuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Batalin, M., Sukhatme, G.S., Hattig, M.: Mobile robot navigation using a sensor network. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. (April 2004) 636–642Google Scholar
- 2.Corke, P., Peterson, R., Rus, D.: Networked robots: Flying robot navigation using a sensor net. In: 11th International Symposium of Robotics Research (ISRR 2003), Springer-Verlag (October 2003) 234–243Google Scholar
- 3.Li, Q., Rosa, M.D., Rus, D.: Distributed algorithms for guiding navigation across a sensor network. In: MobiCom’03: Proceedings of the 9th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking, New York, NY, USA, ACM (2003) 313–325Google Scholar
- 4.Filippoupolitis, A., Gelenbe, E.: A distributed decision support system for building evacuation. In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Human System Interaction, Catania, Italy, IEEE, New York, NY, USA (May 21-23 2009) 323–330Google Scholar
- 6.Dimakis, N., Filippoupolitis, A., Gelenbe, E.: Distributed building evacuation simulator for smart emergency management. Accepted for publication in The Computer Journal (2010)Google Scholar