Adaptive Assessments using Open Standards
This article presents the conclusions of a research workpreparedin the University of Salamanca, Spain, including the investigation, definition, construction and test of a model to define adaptive assessments considering the user´s presentation needs and also the traditional adaptation process using the level of complexity for every item. We applied innovatively some common open standards and specifications.
KeywordsLearning Style Assessment Activity Learn Management System Adaptive Test Authoring Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We want to thank to the group KEOPS (ref. TSI2005- 00960) of the University of Salamanca for their contributions and ideas for the development of this work. In addition, we want to thank to the Education and Science Ministry of Spain, National Program in Technologies and Services for the Information Society, Ref.: TSI2005- 00960.
HéctorBarbosa thanks the National System of Technological Institutes (SNIT–Mexico) for its financial support.
- Barbosa, H., Garcia F. Importance of the online assessment in the elearning process. 6th International Conference on Information Technology-based Higher Education and Training ITHET & IEEE, Santo Domingo.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., García, F., Adaptive Assessment Tool for the Hypertext Composer”, ICTE2005. In proceedings of the 3th.Internatonal Conference on Multimedia and Information and Communication Technologies in Education: m-ICTE 2005, Cáceres, Spain, Vol.l 1, pp. 16-20.Google Scholar
- Booth, R., Berwyn, C. The development of quality online assessment in vocational education and training. Australian Flexible Learning Framework, Vol.1, 2003, 17.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcìa, F.,An Authoring Tool to Develop Adaptive Assessments.In proceedings of 2006 Webist Congress, Setubal, Protugal, 2006.Google Scholar
- García, F., Berlanga, A., Moreno, M, N., Carabias, J. “HyCo and authoring tool to Create Semantic Learning Objects for Web-based E-Learning Systems”.In Web Engineering Fourth International Conference, ICWE 2004. Published in N.Koch, P. Fraternali, M. Wirsing (Eds.). Series Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag. Vol. LNCS 3140, pp. 344-348.Google Scholar
- Berlanga A., Garcia, F., “Towards Semantic Metadata for Learning Elements”. In proceedings of the fifth. International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training ITHET 2004. Y. Akpinar (Ed.) (2004) pp. 572-577.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcia, F. “Setting and Sharing Adaptive Assessment Assets”. In proceedings of the SIIE congres, Leon Spain, 2006.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., García, F. “An Authoring Tool for Adaptative Assessment Items”. In proceedings of IAIRA Congress. Bucharest, Romania, 2006.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcia, F. “An Authoring Tool to Construct Adaptive Assessments”. In proceedings of the 2006 EIAE Conference.Online, 2006.Google Scholar
- Mia,k., Stern, Woolf, B. “Curriculum sequencing in a Web-based tutor”. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1452, 1998.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcia, F., Rodriguez, M. “Defining Adaptive Assessments”.In proceedings of the Webist Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 2007.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcia, F. “Constructing Learning Objects for Adaptive Assessments”. In proceedings of IASTED conference, Chamonix, France, 2007.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcia, F., Rodriguez, M. “A Tool for Online Assessment in Adaptive e-Learning Platform”.In proceedings of the eUniverSAL conference. Virtual, Salamanca, Spain. 2008.Google Scholar
- Barbosa, H., Garcia F., Rodriguez, M. “Construction of Assessments with Double Adaptation Processes”. In proceedings of EIAE Congress, Virtual, 2008.Google Scholar