While early excision of the burn wound certainly proceeds the establishment of widely available allograft skin banks, this form of burn treatment was greatly enhanced by the 1970s proliferation of skin banks. Prior to the establishment of skin banks, commonly in conjunction with burn centers, physicians relied on the random or chance availability of allograft skin to supplement limited autografts. However, as skin banks flourished, escher removal by early excision became not only desirable, but the standard of care.
KeywordsHair Removal Allograft Skin Chlorhexidine Gluconate Funeral Director Funeral Home
- 1.Koizumi T, Robb EC (2006) Plessinger RT, Kagan RJ Abstract: prolongation of cadaveric skin viability with polyphenol: 174. J Burn Care Res. 38th Annual Meeting, Tuesday Through Friday, April 4–7, 2006, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada. 27(2) Supplement:S136, Mar 2006Google Scholar
- 4.Euro Skin Bank. http://www.euroskinbank.nl/
- 7.American Association of Tissue Banks (2008) Standards for Tissue Banking, 12th edn. AATBGoogle Scholar
- 8.Pierce Chemical Company. http://www.piercechemical.com
- 9.Heck E (1987) Skin banking: a basic overview. Tissue banking. American Association of Blood BanksGoogle Scholar