History of Philosophy of Science as Philosophy of Science by Other Means?
Comment on Thomas Uebel
Part of the The Philosophy of Science in a European Perspective book series (PSEP, volume 1)
Adorno once remarked that the history of philosophy is the history of forgetting. Problems and ideas once examined fall out of sight and out of mind only to resurface later as novel and new.
KeywordsAnalytical Philosophy Logical Empiricism Vienna Circle Pragmatist Philosophy French Tradition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carnap, R., 1935, Philosophy and Logical Syntax, London, Kegan, Trench, and Trubner.Google Scholar
- Carnap, R., 1963, “Reply to Morris”, in P.A. Schilpp (ed.) The Philosophy of Rudolf Carnap, La Salle, Open Court.Google Scholar
- Kitcher, P., Salmon, W., 1989, Scientifi c Explanation, Minnesota Studies in the Philosophy of Science XIII, Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press.Google Scholar
- Kuhn, T.S., 1962, The Structure of Scientifi c Revolutions, Chicago, Chicago University Press.Google Scholar
- Morris, C., 1937, Logical Positivism, Pragmatism, and Scientifi c Empiricism, Actualités scientifi ques et industrielles 449, Paris, Hermann.Google Scholar
- Morris, C., 1963, “Pragmatism and Logical Empiricism”, in P.A. Schilpp (ed.), The Philosophy of Rudolf Carnap, LaSalle, Open Court, 87 – 98.Google Scholar
- Richardson, A. W., Hardcastle, G.L., 2003, “Logical Empiricism in North America”, in G.L. Hard castle and A.W. Richardson (eds.), Logical Empiricism in North America, Minnesota Studies in the Philosophy of Science XVIII, University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis, London, vii – xxix.Google Scholar
- Uebel, T., 2007, Empiricism at the Crossroads, LaSalle and Chicago, Open Court.Google Scholar
- Windelband, W., 1892(1912, 199318), Lehrbuch der Geschichte der Philosophie, J.C.B. Mohr (Paul Siebeck), Tübingen.Google Scholar
© Springer Netherlands 2010