Archimedes: Russian Researches
The short review of the most considerable Russian researches of engineering and scientific activity of Archimedes is given. Special attention is focused on Ivan Nikolayevich Veselovsky’s original research - one of the largest Russian experts in this area.
KeywordsFloating Body Greek Text Circle Measurement Military Engineer Flat Figure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lourier S. Ja: Archimedes, Soviet Academy of Science Publishing House, 1945 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Archimedis opera omnia cum commentariis Eutocii, ed. J. L. Heiberg, v. 1-3, Lipsiae, 1910-15; - Composition, Moscow, 1962 (in Russian) Kagan V. F. Archimedes. A short sketch about a life and creativity/ State technik-theoretical publishing house, Moscow-Leningrad, 1949, 1951. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Ivanovsky M.P., Golden rule / the State Publishing House of the children’s literature of the Ministry of Public Education of RSFSR, М, 1959 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Veselovsky I.Н., Archimedes, Moskva, 1957 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Veselovskij I.N., Archimedes, compositions, M, 1962 (in Russian).Google Scholar