Enhanced Audio-Visual Recognition System over Internet Protocol
In this chapter, we extend the research work in Wong  and enhance the audio-visual recognition system over internet protocol. The multiband feature fusion method is presented to solve the illumination problem. Then a radial basis function neural network with a new orthogonal least square algorithm is proposed to improve the generalization of the radial basis function neural network with conventional orthogonal least square algorithm. Result shows that the proposed neural network achieves higher recognition accuracy with lesser number of neurons as compared to the neural network with conventional orthogonal least square algorithm. With this neural network, the recognition accuracy of the audio-visual recognition system is improved as compared to the audio-visual recognition system in Wong . Then the audio-visual recognition system over internet protocol is developed where the multiband feature fusion and the proposed neural network are implemented.
KeywordsAudio-visual recognition system Neural network Illumination variation Internet protocol Multiband feature fusion
- 1.Wong, Y.W., Seng, K.P., & Ang, L.-M. (2009). Audio-visual recognition system insusceptible to illumination variation over Internet Protocol. IAENG Internation Journal of Computer Science, 36(2), IJCS_36_2_08.Google Scholar
- 2.Primer, A. (1998). Introduction to wavelet and wavelet transform. Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 3.Wong, Y.W., Seng, K.P., & Ang, L.-M. (Mar 2009). Audio-visual authentication system over the Internet Protocol. Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2009 (IMECS 2009). The 2009 IAENG International Conference on Imaging Engineering (ICIE’09), I, 938–943.Google Scholar
- 5.Wong, Y.W., Seng, K.P., Ang, L.-M., Khor, W.Y., & Liau, H.F. (Dec 2007). Audio-visual recognition system with intra-modal fusion. 2007 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security, pp. 609–613.Google Scholar
- 7.Bandwidth controller enterprise: wareseeker.com/Network-Tools/bandwidth-controller-enterprise-1.18.zip/280994.
- 10.Christopher M. Bishop (2003). Neural networks for pattern recognition. Oxford University Press, pp. 116–163.Google Scholar
- 16.Martinez A.M., & Benavente, R. (1998). The AR face database. CVC Tech. Report #24.Google Scholar
- 17.Patterson, E.K., Gurbuz, S., Tufekci, Z., & Gowdy, J.N. (2002). CUAVE: A new audio-visual database for multimodal human-computer interface. In Proceedings ICASSP, pp. 2017–2020.Google Scholar
- 18.Jain, L.C., Halici, U., Hayashi, I., Lee, S.B., & Tsutsui, S. (1999). Intelligent biometric techniques in fingerprint and face recognition. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press,.Google Scholar