A Vertical and Horizontal Segregation Based Data Dissemination Protocol
A base station and multiple sensor nodes are two main components of the wireless sensor network. Main task of sensor nodes is to aggregate and forward the collected data to the base station. The main objective of wireless sensor network is to maximize the network lifetime and providing as low latency delay as possible. To seek to accomplish this, we are proposing a Vertical and Horizontal segregation based data dissemination protocol. This protocol considers mobile base station that helps in improving the network lifetime by collecting the data from each and every node by moving to provide high throughput. Mobile base station requires informing all the sensor nodes about its location. This consumes large energy. Our proposed protocol saves this energy by informing few sensor nodes, in place of informing all the sensor nodes.
KeywordsSensor node Sink node Hotspot problem Data dissemination
- 1.Tunca, C., Isik, S., Donmez, M.Y., Ersoy, C.: Distributed mobile sink routing for wireless sensor networks: a survey. IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutorials 16(2), 877–897 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Shon, M., Kong, C., Choo, H.: Hexagonal path data dissemination for energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks. In: Information Networking, International Conference, pp. 1–5 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Hamida, E.B., Chelius, G.: A line-based data dissemination protocol for wireless sensor networks with mobile sink. In: Communications, IEEE International Conference, pp. 2201–2205 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Erman, A.T., Havinga, P.: A fault-tolerant data dissemination based on honeycomb architecture for mobile multi-sink wireless sensor networks. In: Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP), pp. 97–102. IEEE, Dec 2010Google Scholar
- 8.Tunca, C., Donmez, M.Y., Isik, S., Ersoy, C.: Ring routing: an energy-efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks with a mobile sink. In: Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU), pp. 1–4. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar