Revamping Optimal Cloud Storage System
With the prosperous growth of cloud computing, it is being used widely in business as well as in researches today, considering its numerous advantages over traditional approaches. However, security and privacy concerns are ascending day by days. Cloud is being utilized for not only to use software and platform over the Internet, but also for storing confidential data. This paper presents a novel approach wherein multi-cloud environment is used to mitigate data privacy apprehensions. The viability and design of this method are described in the proposed paper.
KeywordsCloud computing Cloud storage Flat files Privacy Multi-cloud environment
- 1.Kincaid, J.: Google privacy blunder shares your docs without permission. In: TechCrunch (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Bohli, J.M., Jensen, M., Gruschka, N., Schwenk, J., Iacono, L.L.L.: Security prospects through cloud computing by adopting multiple clouds. In: Proceedings of IEEE Fourth International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD) (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Iacono, L.L., Marnau, N.: Security and privacy-enhancing multicloud architecturesGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hubbard, D., Sutton, M.: Top threats to cloud computing v1. 0. Cloud Security Alliance (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, G., Shrivastava, N.: A survey on cost effective multi-cloud storage in cloud computingGoogle Scholar
- 6.Yao, A.C.: Protocols for secure computations. In: Proceedings of the 23rd Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, FOCS82, p. 160164 (1982)Google Scholar
- 8.Muller, J., Spillner, J., Schill, A.: Creating optimal cloud storage systems. In: Future Generation Computer Systems, p. 10621072 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Svenn, M.: Secure data management for cloud-based storage solutions. Cloud-Based Softw. Eng. 59, 2013Google Scholar
- 10.Chickowski, E.: Flat-file databases often overlooked in security schemes (2010). http://www.darkreading.com/risk/flat-file-databases-often-overlooked-in-security-schemes/d/d-id/1133363?
- 12.Rabin, M.O.: Efficient dispersal of information for security, load balancing, and fault tolerance. J. ACM (JACM) 36(2), 335–348 (1989)Google Scholar
- 13.Lin, S.-J., Chung, W.-H.: An efficient (n, k) information dispersal algorithm for high code rate system over fermat fields. IEEE Commun. Lett. 16(12), 2036–2039 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Bian, J.: JIGDFS: A secure distributed file system and its applications. PhD thesis, University of Arkansas (2007)Google Scholar