Deterministic Transport Protocol Verified by a Real-Time Actuator and Sensor Network Simulation for Distributed Active Turbulent Flow Control
Total drag of common transport systems such as aircrafts or railways is primarily determined by friction drag. Reducing this drag at high Reynolds numbers (<104) is currently investigated using flow control based on transversal surface waves. For application in transportation systems with large surfaces a distributed real-time actuator and sensor network is in demand. To fulfill the requirement of real-time capability a deterministic transport protocol with a master slave strategy is introduced. With our network model implemented in Simulink using TrueTime toolbox the deterministic transport protocol could be verified. In the model the Master-Token-Slave (MTS) protocol is implemented between the application layer following the IEEE 1451.1 smart transducer interface standards and the Ethernet medium access protocol. The model obeys interfaces to the flow control and the DAQ-hardware allowing additional testing in model in the loop simulations.
KeywordsTrueTime Real-Time transport protocol Distributed actuator and sensor network Network model
The authors would like to thank all partners in the research group FOR1779 and acknowledge the funding by the DFG (German Research Foundation).
- 1.DFG. GEPRIS. [12.06.2014]. http://gepris.dfg.de/gepris/projekt/202175528
- 3.Dueck, M., Kaparaki, M., Srivastava, S., van Waasen, S., Schiek ,M.: Development of a real time actuation control in a network-simulation framework for active drag reduction in turbulent flow. In: Automatic Control Conference (CACS), 2013 CACS International, pp. 256–261, Dec 2013Google Scholar
- 4.IEEE std 1451.1-1999, standard for a smart transducer interface for sensors and actuators—network capable application processor (ncap) information model, June 1999. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. 3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016-5997, USAGoogle Scholar
- 5.Dueck, M., Schloesser, M., Kaparaki, M., Srivastava, S., van Waasen, S., Schiek ,M.: Raspberry pi based testbed verifying truetime network model parameters for application in distributed active turbulent flow control. In: Proceedings of the SICE Annual Conference (SICE), pp. 1970–1975, Sept 2014Google Scholar
- 7.Schulzrinne, H., Casner, S., Frederick, R., Jacobson, V.: RFC 3550: RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications. Technical report, IETF, 2003Google Scholar
- 10.Deleuze, C.: Content networks. Internet Protoc. J. 7(2), 2–11 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Verissimom P.: Real-time communication. In: Mullender, S. (ed.) Distributed Systems, pp. 447–490. Addison-Wesley (1993)Google Scholar
- 12.Cerf, V., Dalal, Y., Sunshine, C.: Specification of Internet Transmission Control Program. RFC 675, December 1974Google Scholar