Asymmetric Coplanar Waveguide-Fed Monopole Antenna with SRR in the Ground Plane
In this paper, a compact Asymmetric Coplanar Waveguide (ACPW)-fed monopole antenna with Split Ring Resonator (SRR) in the ground plane is presented. Inclusion of SRR in the ground plane of ACPW offers a considerable bandwidth enhancement. SRR and Complementary SRR (CSRR) in the ground plane of ACPW are analyzed and bandwidth enhancements of 37.4 and 21.5 % at 2.52 GHz are obtained respectively, in comparison with ACPW-fed monopole antenna. The antennas offer an omni-directional pattern. Peak Gain of the antenna is found to be ~2 dBi for all the configurations in the frequency band of interest.
KeywordsAsymmetric coplanar waveguide (ACPW) Monopole antenna SRR CSRR
This project is partly funded by a grant from Information Technology Research Agency (ITRA), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity), Govt. of India.
- 3.Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M.: Novel wideband planar fractal monopole antenna. IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. 56(12), 3844–3849 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Bhuvana, N.S., Das, A.T., Menon, S.K.: On chip ACPW fed monopole antenna. In: 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks, pp. 617–619, Feb 2015Google Scholar
- 9.Garg, R., Bhartia, P., Bahl, I.: Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, 1st edn, pp. 794–795. Artech House, Boston (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Lu, J.-H., Loiu, C.-W.: Planar dualband circular polarization monopole antenna for wireless local area networks. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 14, 478–481 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Saghanezhad, S.A.H., Atlashaf, Z.: Miniaturized dualband CPW fed antennas loaded with U-shaped metamaterials. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 14, 651–658 (2015)Google Scholar