System Dynamics Modeling for Analyzing Recovery Rate of Diabetic Patients by Mapping Sugar Content in Ice Cream and Sugar Intake for the Day
Ice cream is a complex colloidal system, usually formed by structural compounds viz., air bubbles, fat, and ice crystals which are dispersed in a matrix consisting of a solution of sugars, proteins, stabilizers, emulsifiers, dyes, and scents. This paper presents system dynamics model based on the Vensim tool and this model contains equations derived for diabetic and non-diabetic patients and common health conscious people as well. Very effectual results have been obtained from the derived model suggesting best suitable ice cream for mapping diabetes patients, which is different from health conscious people and normal crowd.
KeywordsSystem dynamics Vensim simulation Ice cream Diabetic patient
- 6.vensim.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 10.Mulay, P., Dr. Kulkarni, P.A.: Knowledge augmentation via incremental clustering, new technology for effective knowledge management. ACM digital library. Int. J. Business Inform. Syst. 12(1), 68–87 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Machhindra Gaikwad, S., Dr. Mulay, P., Raghvendra Joshi, R.: Analytical hierarchy process to recommend an ice cream to a diabetic patient based on sugar content in it. Procedia Elsevier (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Joshi, P.M., Dr. Kulkarni, P.A.: A novel approach for clustering based on pattern analysis. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 25(4), 0975–8887 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Sahin, O., Siems, R.S., Stewart, R.A., Porter, M.G.: Paradigm shift to enhanced water supply planning through augmented grids, scarcity pricing and adaptive factory water: a system dynamics approach. Environmental Modelling & Software (2014)Google Scholar