Effect of Defects on Current-Voltage Characteristics of a Silicene ZNR-Based Field Effect Transistor
In this paper, we investigated the behavior of negative differential resistance (NDR) and analysis on various deformations like twist, wrap, and ripple/buckler and defects like vacancy and rough edge on short channel bilayer silicene zigzag nanoribbon (ZNR). Effects are caused by deformations like wrap with 5o and by rippling the channel by 0.5 Å amplitude on 6 nm silicene. FET is evaluated by density functional theory (DFT) and by nonequilibrium green’s function (NEGF) approach. We studied the I–V characteristics of deformations and defects. These characteristics of device with different conditions and mainly negative differential resistance (NDR) behavior are studied.
KeywordsGermanene Zigzag nanoribbon (ZNR) Negative differential resistance (NDR) Metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET) Non-equilibrium green’s function (NEGF) Density functional theory (DFT)
The authors thank the department of science and technology of the government of India for partially funding this work.
- 2.Eom, B.H., Day, P.K., Zmuidzinas, J.: A wideband, low-noise superconducting amplifier with high dynamic range. Nature 8(8), 623–627 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Yamashita, T., Basker, V.S., Standaert, T.: Sub-25 nm FinFET with advanced fin formation and short channel effect engineering. In: 2011 Symposium on VLSI Technology (VLSIT), Honolulu, HI (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Voon, L.C.L., Guzmán-Verri, G.G.: Electronic structure of silicon-based nanostructures. Phys. Rev. B 76(7), 075131 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Kara, A., Enriquez, H., Seitsonen, A.P., Lew Yan Voon, L.C., Vizzini, S., Aufray, B., Oughaddou, H.: A review on silicene—new candidate for electronics. Surf. Sci. Rep. 67(1), 1–18 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Abhinav, E.M., Chary, D.V.: Strain-induced on germanene monolayer 6 nm short channel FET from first-principle study. In: 2014 International Conference on Circuits, Communication, Control and Computing (I4C), pp. 1, 4, 21–22 Nov 2014. doi: 10.1109/CIMCA.2014.7057743
- 10.Fang, D.-Q., Zhang, S.-L., Xu, H.: Tuning the electronic and magnetic properties of zigzag silicene nanoribbons by edge hydrogenation and doping. RSC Adv. 3, 24075–24080 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Song, Y.-L., Zhang, S., Lu, D.-B., Xu, H., Wang, Z., Zhang, Y., Lu, Z-W.: Band-gap modulations of armchair silicene nanoribbons by transverse electric fields. Eur. Phys. J. B 86, 488 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Kamal, C.: Controlling band gap in silicene monolayer using external electric field. ArXiv e-prints, no. 1202.2636 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Cahangirov, S., Topsakal, M., Akturk, E., Sahin, H., Ciraci, S.: Monolayer honeycomb structures of group-IV elements and III-V binary compounds: first-principles calculations. Phys. Rev. B 80(15), 155453 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Eom, B.M., Day, P.K., Zmuidzinas, J.: A wideband, low-noise superconducting amplifier with high dynamic range. Nature 8(8), 623–627 (2012)Google Scholar