Authentication in Higher Region of Convergence of Z Transform Domain (AHRocZ)
In this paper a novel technique for authentication has been proposed in composite real and imaginary components of Z transform domain in higher region of convergence \( (r = 2) \). Three bits from authenticating image are embedded into real as well as imaginary components of second, third and fourth transform domain coefficients keeping the low frequency component as it is and is used for adjustment. The proposed method obtain a good security in terms of robustness and sensitivity of Z transform in higher magnitude. A comparison has been made with existing methods such as AINCDCT (Authentication of images through non convoluted DCT, IEEE, pp. 1–4, 2011 ), Luo’s Method (Inf Sci 181:308–328, 2011 ), SCDFT (IEEE Trans Inf Forensics Secur 3(1):16–28, 2008 ) which shows better performance and visual quality.
KeywordsGeneralized forward Z transformation (GFZT) Generalized inverse Z transformation (GIZT) Mean square error (MSE) Peak signal to noise ratio (PSNR) Image fidelity (IF)
The authors express a sincere gratefulness towards the Department of CSE, University of Kalyani where all the computational resources required for the work are used and the PURSE scheme of DST, Government of India.
- 1.Pareek, N.K., Patidar, V., Sud, K.K.: A random bit generator using chaotic maps. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 10(1), 32–38 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Weber, A.G.: The USC-SIPI image database: version 5. Original release, Oct 1997. Department of Electrical Engineering, Signal and Image Processing Institute, University of Southern California. http://sipi.usc.edu/database/ (1997)
- 3.Sengupta, M., Mandal, J.K.: Authentication of images through non convoluted DCT (AINCDCT). In: First International Conference on Communication and Industrial Application (ICCIA 2011), pp. 1–4. IEEE, 26–28 Dec 2011. doi: 10.1109/ICCIndA.2011.6146672
- 4.Luo, H., Yu, F.X., et al.: Reversible data hiding based on block median preservation. Inf. Sci. 181, 308–328 (2011). doi: 10.1016/j.ins.2010.09.022
- 5.Tsui, T.T., Zhang, X.P., Androutsos, D.: Color image watermarking using multidimensional fourier transformation. IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Secur. 3(1), 16–28 (2008)Google Scholar