A Software Project Risk Analysis Tool Using Software Development Goal Modeling Approach
There are fewer practices for identification of risk factors in software development though everyone is aware of the impact of risks over project’s success parameters. To avoid risks or to identify risks, each team member needs to practice goal modeling at each phase of software development life cycle. It is not only project manager’s task to focus over risk occurrences but also it must be the duty of each team member to keep an eye on an assigned task and relative risk factors. As per an industrial need, “Sketch the Risk” tool is designed and developed in the most user-friendly way and hence, any team member from the project group can analyze given task from many views. The focus of development of “Sketch the Risk” tool is to identify risk events and avoid risk factors like project development delays, increase in the estimated cost, unnecessary rework, human resources utilization, etc. Unlike of existing approaches that are focusing over early stage to identify risk events, we proposed and developed new technique that takes care at each stage of software development life cycle. In essence, this paper presents identification goals and sub-goals in recurring manner just parallel to the spiral model of the software process.
KeywordsRequirement engineering Requirement oriented goal analysis Requirement-driven risk analysis Software risk
- 4.Schnabel, I., Pizka, M.: Goal-driven software development. In: IEEE 30th Annual IEEE/NASA Software Engineering Workshop, SEW’06 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Verner, J.M., et al.: Risks and risk mitigation in global software development: A tertiary study. Inf. Softw. Technol. 56(1), 54–78 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Dalpiaz, F., Souza, V.E.S., Mylopoulos, J.: The many faces of operationalization in goal-oriented requirements engineering. In: Proceedings of the Tenth Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling, vol.154. Australian Computer Society, Inc. (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Mogk, N.W.: A requirements management system based on an optimization model of the design process. Procedia Comput. Sci. 28, 221–227 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Patil, S., Ade, R.: Software requirement engineering risk prediction model. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 102(2), 1–6 (2014) Google Scholar