A Cooperative Intrusion Detection System for Sleep Deprivation Attack Using Neuro-Fuzzy Classifier in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
This paper proposed a soft computing based solution for a very popular attack, i.e. sleep deprivation attack in mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs). As a soft computing solution, neuro-fuzzy classifier is used in binary form to detect the normal and abnormal activities in MANETs. The proposed detection scheme is based on distributed and cooperative architecture of intrusion detection system and simulations have been carried out through Qualnet simulator and MATLAB toolbox that shows the results of proposed solution in respect of performance metrics very effectively.
KeywordsMobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) Security issues Intrusion detection system (IDS) Soft computing Adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system (ANFIS) Neuro-fuzzy Sleep deprivation attack
This work is partially supported by DST (Government of India) vide File No. DST/TSG/NTS/2012/106, we acknowledge A.N.TOOSI (Department of Computing and Information System), University of Melbourne for his useful suggestions.
- 1.Chaudhary, A., Tiwari, V.N., Kumar, A.: Design an anomaly based fuzzy intrusion detection system for packet dropping attack in mobile ad hoc network. In: 2014 IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), pp. 256–261 Feb 2014Google Scholar
- 2.Chaudhary, A., Kumar, A., Tiwari, V.N.: A reliable solution against packet dropping attack due to malicious nodes using fuzzy logic in MANETs. In: 2014 International Conference on Optimization, Reliability, and Information Technology (ICROIT), pp. 178–181 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Chaudhary, A., Tiwari, V.N., Kumar, A.: Analysis of fuzzy logic based intrusion detection systems in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 690–696. ISSN 0973-5658 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C., Royer, E.: Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing. In: Proceedings of the Second IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computer Systems and Applications, pp. 90–100. IEEE (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Zadeh, L.A.: Roles of soft computing and fuzzy logic in the conception, design and deployment of information/intelligent systems. In: Computational Intelligence: Soft Computing and Fuzzy-Neuro Integration with Applications, pp. 1–9. Springer, Berlin (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Şen, S., Clark, J.A.: A grammatical evolution approach to intrusion detection on mobile ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the Second ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security, pp. 95–102. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.QualNet Network Simulator. Available http://www.Scalable-networks.com
- 9.Jang, J.S.R., Sun, C.T., Mizutani, E.: Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing: A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence, 1st edn. Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Chiu, S.: Fuzzy model identification based on cluster estimation. J. Intell. Fuzzy Syst. 3, 267–278 (1994)Google Scholar
- 11.Gomez, J., Dasgupta, D.: Evolving fuzzy classifiers for intrusion detection. In: Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE Workshop on Information Assurance, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 321–323. IEEE Computer Press, New York (2002)Google Scholar