Adaptive Modified Hysteresis Current Control for Switching Loss Reduction in Photovoltaic-Fed Dual-Function Grid-Connected Inverters
Current control logic plays a very important role in the overall performance of grid-connected inverters. Adaptive modified hysteresis current control is used in this work for switching loss reduction, optimization of inverter switching frequency, and reduction in total harmonic distortion of supply current. Photovoltaic-fed grid-connected inverter injects real power from photovoltaic array into the grid, controls real power flow in the grid, and functions as a shunt active filter. Good DC bus stabilization, reactive power compensation, satisfactory performance under unbalanced source and load conditions, and good dynamic response is also achieved.
- 2.M.N. Hossain, T.K. Routh, A.H. Bin Yousuf, M.M. Asasduzzaman, M.I. Hossain, U. Husnaeen, Design and development of a grid tied solar inverter. Int. Conf. Infonnatics Electron. Vis. pp. 1054–1058 (2012). doi: 10.1109/ICIEV.2012.6317344
- 6.R. Noroozia, G.B. Gharehpetian, An investigation on combined operation of active power filter with photovoltaic arrays. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 46, pp. 392–399 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.K. Ilango, P.V. Manitha, M.G. Nair, Modified IcosΦ controller for shunt active filter interfacing renewable energy source and grid. AASRI Procedia. 2, pp. 62–68 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.N. Zaveri, A. Chudasama, Control strategies for harmonic mitigation and power factor correction using shunt active filter under various source voltage conditions. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 42, pp. 661–671 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.S.G. Tesfahunegn, A. Hajizadeh, T.M. Undeland, O. Ulleberg, P.J.S. Vie, Modelling and control of grid-connected PV/fuel cell/battery hybrid power system. Int. Rev. Model. Simul. 2, pp. 381–388 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Nanda Kumar, K. Vasudevan, A novel hysteresis switching strategy for harmonic compensation. Int. J. Energy Technol. Policy 4, pp. 379–393 (2006)Google Scholar