Classification of Remote Sensing Image Based on Different Similarity Measures
Advanced wide field sensor (AWiFS) is a multi-spectral camera used to capture image from IRS-P6 (Indian remote sensing) satellite. Iterative self-organizing data analysis technique (ISODATA) is one of the most frequently used unsupervised classification algorithms. There are too many techniques available for classifying an image. In this paper, we will use similarity-based techniques to classify an image. Then, we will compare the result of each similarity measure classification techniques. We will use normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) values to classify the images.
KeywordsUnsupervised classification Similarity measures AWiFs image ISODATA
The authors would like to thank the School of Computer Science and Engineering, VIT University, for giving them the opportunity to carry out this research.
- 3.C.O. Justice, E. Vermote, J.R.G. Townshend, R. Defries, D.P. Roy, D.K. Hall, V.V. Salomonson, J.L. Privette, G. Riggs, A. Strahler, W. Lucht, R.B. Myneni, Y. Knyazikhin, S.W. Running, R.R. Nemani, Z.M. Wan, A.R. Huete, W. van Leeuwen, R.E. Wolfe, L. Giglio, J.P. Muller, P. Lewis, M.J. Barnsley, The moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer (MODIS): land remote sensing for global change research. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens. 36(4), 1228–1249 (1998)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.A. Murni, A.K. Jain, J. Rais, framework for multi-date multisensor image interpretation. IEEE IGARSS. 3, 1851–1854 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.A.R. Huete, G. Ponce, Satellite observed shifts in seasonality and vegetation—rainfall relationships in the south-west USA. Int. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens. Spat. Inf. Sci. 38, 775–777 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Zheng, H. Qiu, in Mapping urban landuse types in Los Angeles using multi-date moderate-resolution imaging spectroradiometer vegetation image products. Proceedings of Second International Workshop on Earth Observation and Remote Sensing Applications (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.L. Prasad, S.S. Iyengar, High performance algorithms for object recoganization problem by multiresolution template matching (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.J.A. Mikhail, Faster image template matching in the sum of the absolute value of differences measure. IEEE Trans. Image Process. 10(4) (2001)Google Scholar