Analysis of Medical X-ray Bone Images Using Image Segmentation
Image enhancement is the preprocessing stage of the image processing. The objective is to improve the visual effects and the perception of knowledge in images for viewers and to provide a better input for automated image processing technique. It gives emphasis on the whole or part features of the graphics in the designated image applications to enlarge the objects in the graphics. The enhanced image by use of threshold segmentation method identifies bone fracture in medical X-ray images. In this research work, the image is taken as input, and after noise removal, the X-ray image of right hand and hairline bone fracture image are being segmented using simple thresholding, multiple thresholding, and optimal thresholding method and they are compared with each other so as to choose the best technique for threshold image segmentation.
KeywordsMedical image X-ray Segmentation Thresholding
- 1.Al-Amri, S.S., Kalyankar, N.V., Khamitkar, S.D.: Image segmentation by using threshold techniques. J. Comput. 2(5), May 2010, ISSN: 2151-9617Google Scholar
- 3.Abdulghafour, M.: Image segmentation using Fuzzy logic and genetic algorithms. J. WSCG 11(1) (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Y.J.: An overview of image and video segmentation in the last 40 years. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Signal Processing and Its Applications, pp. 144–151 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Amandeep, A., Gupta, A.: Simulink model based image segmentation. Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Sci. Softw. Eng. 2(6), June 2012Google Scholar
- 7.Abubakar, F.M.: Study of image segmentation using thresholding technique on a noisy image. Int. J. Sci. Res. (IJSR) 2(1), 49–51 January 2013, India Online ISSN: 2319-7064Google Scholar