Comparison between ANN-Based Heart Stroke Classifiers Using Varied Folds Data Set Cross-Validation
This paper presents the design and development of an artificial neural network (ANN) model for the classification of heart stroke disease. The novelty of this work is training multilayer perceptron (MLP) neural network architectures with back-propagation algorithm for multivariate large data sets. Subsequently, the performances of the ANN models are evaluated using database of heart stroke obtained from Cleveland Clinic Foundation Database with all attributes are numeric-valued. The accuracy of the designed ANN models are cross-validated using varied folds of data set comprising 303 instances extracted from different age groups. This study exhibits ANN-based prognosis for early detection of level of heart stroke with testing classification accuracy of 85.55 %.
KeywordsArtificial neural network Multilayer perceptron Coronary heart disease
Our thanks to the experts who have contributed in development of Cleveland Heart Disease database.
- 2.Mateny, M., McPheeters, M.L, Glasser, A., Mercaldo, N., Weaver, R.B, Jerome, R.N, et al.: Systematic review of cardiovascular disease risk assessment tools. Evidence Synthesis/Technology Assessment No. 85. AHRQ Report No. 11-05155-EF-1. Rockville, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, J., Greiner, R.: Comparing Bayesian network classifiers In: Proceedings of UAI-99, pp. 101–108. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Neuro Intelligence using Alyuda: Source available at www.alyuda.com. Last accessed 10 Jan 2014
- 9.Zuo, W.M., et.al: Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmia using kernel difference weighted KNN classifier. In: Computers in Cardiology, pp. 253–256 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Uyar, A., Gurgen, F.: Arrhythmia classification using serial fusion of support vector machine and logistic regression. In: 4th IEEE workshop on intelligent data acquisition and advanced computing systems, pp. 560–565 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Elsayad, A.M.: Classification of ECG arrhythmia using Learning Vector Quantization Neural Networks. In: International Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems, pp. 139–144 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Lee, S.H., et al.: Extracting input features and fuzzy rules for detecting ECG arrhythmia based on NEWFM. In: International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced systems, pp. 22–25 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Jadhav, S., et al.: Modular neural network based arrhythmia classification system using ECG signal data. Int. J. Inf. Technol. Knowl. Manage. 4(1), 351–356 (2011)Google Scholar