Realization of Different Algorithms Using Raspberry Pi for Real-Time Image Processing Application
As automated system is an efficient one which decreases the malfunctions and error, industries having more demand to adopt such systems day by day. To enhance this capability, image processing-based system has a major role. But to design an embedded system with the facilities, it is difficult and challengeable task. Another issue for the use interfacing of such systems should be simple so that the system can be user friendly. To develop this system with various facilities, this piece of work has been attempted. Hence in this paper, authors showcase the attempt to realize the algorithms based on image processing for different applications. The work is developed in Raspberry pi development board with python 2.7.3 and OpenCV 2.3.1 platform. The result shows for the fully automated without any user intervention. The prime focus is on python image library (PIL) in addition to numpy, scipy, and matplotlib form a powerful platform for scientific computing.
KeywordsARM1176JZF-S Image processing Raspberry pi Python image library Raspbian-Wheezy
- 1.Schmidt, M.: Pragmatic Raspberry Pi, 1st edn. The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC., USA (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Tank, J.K., Patel, V.: Edge detection using different algorithms in raspberry pi. Int. J. Sci. Res. Dev. 1(4), 984–986 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Solem, J.F.: Programming Computer Vision with Python, 1st edn. O’Reilly Media Inc., USA (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn. Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersy (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Vlasic, D.: Geometric image transformation. Internet: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/graphics/classes/6.837/F01/Lecture07/Slide01.html. 30 Oct 2013