A Novel Approach for Jamming and Tracking of Mobile Objects
An adaptive algorithm called the least mean square (LMS) is employed to study jamming and tracking of mobile objects. The concepts of antenna array, adaptive antenna array and smart antenna have been employed in the proposed method. The focus is on the adaptive jamming technique. The LMS adaptive algorithm is used to reject a particular direction signal. The proposed approach is also used to track the moving object by projecting the main beam towards the target, then estimate its next position and track the object for a known value of Azimuthal and elevation angular position. While estimating the new position of the target by comparing the previous and present value of echo signal, main signal get interference from noise signal. Here, the main objective is to make an algorithm that can track the target, estimate its new position and increase signal to noise ratio of the system. Detailed simulation has been carried out to validate the proposed method using the MATLAB.
KeywordsJamming Tracking LMS Adaptive algorithm Adaptive filters
- 2.Godara, L.C.:Smart Antenna. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Balanis, C.A.: Antenna Theory, vol. 2. Wiley, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Kaur, M.K.K., Mittal, R.: Improvement in capacity and signal strength using LMS algorithms. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 1(5), 103–107 (2007) Google Scholar
- 5.Haykin, S.: Adaptive Filter Theory. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.Raymond, K.E., Johnston, H.: A variable step size LMS algorithm. IEEE Trans. Signal Process. 40(7), 1633–1642 (1992)Google Scholar