Side Lobe Level and Null Control Design of Linear Antenna Array Using Taguchi’s Method
This paper presents a global electromagnetic optimization technique using Taguchi’s method (TM) for synthesis of linear antenna array (LAA). TM was developed on the basis of orthogonal array (OA) concept. In this paper, Taguchi method yields better lower side lobe levels (SLL) and desired null control pattern which is achieved with less number of iterations compared to traditional optimization techniques such as particle swarm optimization (PSO) and Cuckoo search (CS).
KeywordsLAA OA Array factor Excitation magnitude SLL Null control
- 2.Balanis, C.A.: Antenna theory: analysis and design, 3rd edn. Wiley, Singapore (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, B.G.: Smart antennas: linear array synthesis including mutual coupling effect. The University of Queensland, School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering Thesis, pp. 27–30 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Weng, W.C., Yang, F., Elsherbeni, A.Z.: Linear antenna array synthesis using Taguchi’s method: a novel optimization technique in electromagnetic. IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. 55, 68–73 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Chou, T.Y.: Applications of the Taguchi method for optimized package design. In: Proceedings of IEEE 5th Topical Meeting Electrical Performance of Electronic Packaging, Napa, CA, pp. 14–17 (1996)Google Scholar
- 12.Stevanetic, B.B., Kolundzija, B.M.: Comparison of differential evolution and cuckoo optimization for antenna array problems. In: IEEE International Symposium Antennas Propagation Society (APSURSI), Chicago, pp. 1–2 (2012)Google Scholar