Cryptanalysis of “A New Method of Cryptography Using Laplace Transform”
We present a cryptanalysis of an encryption scheme based on Laplace Transforms proposed by A.P. Hiwarekar. We have shown that scheme is described in a superfluous manner. We have given equivalent operations for the scheme by means of which the scheme can be described in much simpler terms. Using these operations we can break the scheme in much lesser number of trials than that is claimed by the author. We have also given an example to illustrate our cryptanalytic attack in support of our findings.
The authors would like to express their gratefulness to Dr. P. K. Saxena, OS and Director, SAG for allowing them to carry out this work. Authors are thankful to Mrs. Navneet Gaba, Scientist ‘F’, SAG and Mr Mukesh Malhotra, Scientist ‘F’, SAG for giving insight for this paper. Sincere thanks are also due to Dr. Sucheta Chakrabarti, Scientist ‘F’, SAG for carrying out a microscopic scrutiny of this paper.
- 1.Antimirov, M.Y., Kolyshkin, A.A., Vaillancourt R.: Applied integral transforms, CRM monograph series. American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Burton, D.M.: Elementary Number Theory, pp. 82–89. Allyn and Bacon, Boston (1980) Google Scholar
- 3.Davies, B.: Integral Transforms and their Applplications, Texts in Applied Mathematics. Springer, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Gallian, J.A.: Contemporary Abstract Algebra, pp. 4–13. D.C. Heath and Company, Lexington (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.Herstein, I.N.: Topics in Algebra, vol. 155, pp. 18. Wiley, Hoboken (2007) Google Scholar
- 6.Hiwarekar, A.P.: A new method of cryptography using Laplace Transform. Int. J. Math. Arch. 3(3), 1193–1197 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Menezes, A., Van Oorschot, P., Vanstone, S.: Handbook of Applied Cryptography. CRC Press, Florida (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Stallings, W.: Cryptography and Network Security Principles and Practice, 5th edn, p. 36, Pearson Education Inc. New York (2011) Google Scholar