Efficient Approach for Reconstruction of Convex Binary Images Branch and Bound Method
In this paper reconstruction algorithm of convex binary image in discrete tomography made efficient by implementing branch and bound method. We focus on diagonal and anti-diagonal (dad) projections and comparison done with the conventional horizontal and vertical (hv) projections. It was shown that proposed strategy is computationally strong and gives fast reconstruction.
KeywordsDiscrete tomography Convexity Branch and bound Anti-diagonal and diagonal projections
This research was supported by the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) INDIA under the QIP (Quality Improvement Program) sponsored by AICTE (All Indian Council for Technical Education) and Subhash Institute of Software Technology Kanpur.
- 1.Chrobak, M., Durr, C.: Reconstructing hv-convex polyominoes from orthogonal projection. Inf. Process. Lett. 69(6) (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Del Lungo, A.: Reconstructing permutation matrices from diagonal sums. Theor. Comput. Sci. 281(1–2), pp. 235–249 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Kuba, A.: Reconstruction of two directionally connected binary patterns from their orthogonal projections. Comput. Vis. Graph. Image Process. 27, 249–265 (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.Miklós, P., Csongor, G.: Discrete tomographic reconstruction of binary matrices using branch and bound method. In: 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics (SISY 2009), Subotica, Serbia, 25–26 Sept 2009Google Scholar
- 5.Srivastava, T., Verma, S.K., Patel, D.: Reconstruction of binary images from two orthogonal projections. IJTS 21(2), 105–114 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Srivastava, T., Verma, S.K.: Uniqueness algorithm with diagonal and anti-diagonal projections. IJTS 23(2), 22–31 (2013)Google Scholar