Scope of Cloud Computing for Multimedia Application
The paper deals with most recent emerging computing technology cloud computing and how it can be used for multimedia application. With so many sources of data having multimedia features, the amount of data needed to be processed have increased significantly and alarmingly. So processing these data on the system itself is becoming very inefficient due to limited resources of the system especially in case of mobile device with limited memory and battery life. So this paper tries to analyze whether the concept of cloud computing can be implemented for processing and storing data related to multimedia application and if yes then what are the difficulties which could arise.
KeywordsCloud computing Service level agreement Multimedia on cloud Media edge cloud computing
- 1.Voorsluys, W., Broberg, J., Buyya, R.: Introduction to Cloud Computing. In Proceedings 1st International Conference on Cloud Computing, pp. 254–265, Beijing (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, D., Hou, Y.T., Zhu, W., Zhang, Y.-Q., Peha, J.M.: Streaming video over the internet: approaches and directions. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol. 11(3), 282–300 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhu, W., Luo, C., Wang, J., Li, S.: Multimedia cloud computing. IEEE Signal Process Mag. 59–69 (2011). doi: 10.1109/MSP.2011.940269
- 4.Trajkovska, Salvachúa, J., Velasco, A.M.: A novel P2P and cloud computing hybrid architecture for multimedia streaming with QoS cost functions. In Proceeding of ACM Multimedia, pp. 1227–1230 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Golub, G.H., Van Loan, C.: Dynamic load balancing for distributed memory multiprocessors, J. Parallel Distrib. Comput. 7(2), 279–301 (1989)Google Scholar