Secure Remote Access Fleet Entry Management System Using UHF Band RFID
A Fleet management system based on UHF and RFID is proposed. This system is applied to a vehicle entering/leaving at the road gates. The system consists of a RFID tag present in the fleet, reader antenna, a reader controller, and the monitoring and the commanding software. The whole system sits on open source platform. The java code is used for controlling the platform. The band width of the UHF expands from 300 MHZ to 3 GHz which helps the system to detect the incoming fleet at distance of 30 m around the antenna even when the fleet travels at a speed of 45 km/h.
- 1.Tseng, J.-D., Wang, W.-D., Ko, R.-J.: An UHF band RFID vehicle management system, Anti-counterfeiting, security, identification, IEEE International Workshop at Xiamen, Fujian, pp. 16–18 April (2007) Google Scholar
- 2.Hall, M., Brown, L., Chaikin, Y.: Core Servlets and Java Server Pages published by Prentice Hall, vol. 2: Advance Technology, 2nd edn. pp. 519–555 (2008) Google Scholar
- 3.Peckol, J.K.: A Contemporary Design Tool, 1st edn. Published by John Wiley & Sons University of Washington (2008) Google Scholar
- 4.Chong, R., Hakes, I., Ahiya, R.: Foreword by Dr. Arvind Krishna, DB2 Express C, 3rd edn. Developed by IBM pp. 18–25 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Finkenzeller, K.: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification RFID, 2nd edn. (2003)Google Scholar