Proposal of Quality Function Deployment Based on Multispace Design Model and its Application
Due to the specialization and professionalization of the design work, sharing the product information between the product development members has been important in the product development process. Quality Function Deployment is one of the effective methods that enables the development members to share the information of the product using the quality matrices that describes the relationship between design elements needed to be considered. This paper improves the quality matrices by introducing the multispace design model and the Interpretive structural modeling. The proposed quality matrices are applied to a disc brake design problem, and their applicability is confirmed.
KeywordsDesign methodology QFD ISM DSM
This work was supported by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (23611037).
- 1.Matsuoka Y (2010) Design science. MaruzenGoogle Scholar
- 3.Akao Y (1990) Quality function deployment. Integrating customer requirements into product design. Productivity Press, Boca RatonGoogle Scholar
- 4.Akao Y (1989) Result of Questionnaire for application status on quality deployment—report of quality deployment research section. Qual J JSQC 19(1):35–44Google Scholar
- 6.Matsuoka Y (2010) Multispace design model as framework for design science towards integration of design. In: Proceedings of international conference on design engineering and science 2010 (ICDES2010), TokyoGoogle Scholar
- 7.Olsen SA (1982) Group planning and problem-solving methods in engineering. Wiley, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 8.Warfield JN (1976) Societal systems: planning, policy and complexity. Wiley, LondonGoogle Scholar