Honey Bee Based Vehicular Traffic Optimization and Management
Traffic densities in highly populated areas are more prone to various types of congestion problems. Due to the highly dynamic and random character of congestion forming and dissolving, no static and pre deterministic approaches like shortest path first (SPF) etc., can be applied to car navigators. Sensors are adequate here. Keeping view in all the above mentioned factors, our contributions in this paper include the development of a novel Bio Inspired algorithm on multiple layers to solve this optimization problem, where, car routing is handled through algorithms inspired by nature [Honeybee behavior]. The experimental results obtained from the implementation of the proposed algorithm are quite encouraging.
KeywordsVehicular traffic management Honey bee Traffic optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jake Kononov, Barbara Bailey, and Bryan K. Allery, “The relationship between safety and congestion”, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2083.Google Scholar
- 2.“Differentiated speed limits”, European Transport Conference Differentiated speed limits, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.C.J. Messer and D.B. Fambro, “Critical lane analysis for intersection design”, Transportation Research Record No. 644; 1977, pp, 26-35.Google Scholar
- 4.Prasun Ghosal, Arijit Chakraborty, Amitava Das, Tai-Hoon Kim, Debnath Bhattacharyya, “Design of Non-accidental Lane”, In Advances in Computational Intelligence, Man-Machine Systems and Cybernetics, pp. 188-192, WSEAS Press, 2010.Google Scholar
- 5.Prasun Ghosal, Arijit Chakraborty, Sabyasachee Banerjee, “Design of Efficient Knowledge Based Speed Optimization Algorithm in Unplanned Traffic”, IUP Journal of Computer Sciences.Google Scholar
- 6.Prasun Ghosal, Arijit Chakraborty, and Sabyasachee Banerjee, “Particle Swarm Optimization of Speed in Unplanned Lane Traffic”, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence & Applications (IJAIA), Vol.3, No.4, July 2012, pp. 51-63. DOI : 10.5121/ijaia.2012.3404.0000.
- 7.Prasun Ghosal, Arijit Chakraborty, Sabyasachee Banerjee, and Satabdi Barman, “Speed Optimization in Unplanned Traffic Using Bio-inspired Computing And Population Knowledge Base”, Computer Science & Engineering: An International Journal (CSEIJ), Vol. 2, No. 3, June 2012, pp. 79-97. DOI : 10.5121/cseij.2012.2307.
- 8.Prasun Ghosal, Arijit Chakraborty, and Sabyasachee Banerjee, “Computational Optimization of Speed in an Unplanned Lane Traffic”, IEM International Journal of Management & Technology (IEMITMT) [ISSN: 2296-6611], pp. 160-163.Google Scholar
- 9.P Ghosal, A Chakraborty, S Banerjee, “Bio-inspired Computational Optimization of Speed in an Unplanned Traffic and Comparative Analysis Using Population Knowledge Base Factor”, Springer, Advances in Computer Science, Engineering & Applications, 2012, pp. 977-987.Google Scholar
- 10.P Ghosal, A Chakraborty, S Banerjee, “Speed Optimization in an Unplanned Lane Traffic Using Swarm Intelligence and Population Knowledge Base Oriented Performance Analysis”, Springer, Advances in Computer Science, Engineering & Applications, 2012, pp. 471-480.Google Scholar