Iso-Array Splicing Grammar System
Splicing systems were introduced by Head  on biological considerations to model certain recombinant behaviour of DNA molecules and are of current interest and study . The splicing systems make use of a new operation called splicing on arrays of symbols . Parallel splicing operation has been recently applied to rectangular arrays . Further Dassow and Mitrana  introduced a new type of grammar system called splicing grammar system in which communication is done by splicing of strings. In this paper, we propose a new model called iso-picture splicing grammar system to generate iso-pictures. We compare the iso-picture splicing grammar system with iso-array grammars such as regular iso-array grammar and context free iso-array grammar.
KeywordsDNA computing Splicing system Iso-picture languages Splicing grammar system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Csuhaj-Varju, J. Dassow, J. Kelemen and Gh. Paun, Grammar systems: A grammatical approach to distribution and cooperation, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1994.Google Scholar
- J. Dassow and V. Mitrana, Splicing grammar systems, Computers and Artificial Intelligence, 15 (1996), 109–122.Google Scholar
- D. Giammarresi and A. Restivo, Two-dimensional languages, in Handbook of Formal Languages, eds. A. Salomaa and G. Rozenberg, Vol. 3 (Springer-Verlag, 1997), 215–267.Google Scholar
- T. Head, Formal language theory and DNA: an analysis of the generative capacity of specific recombinant behaviours, Bull. Math. Biol. 49 (1987), 735–759.Google Scholar
- T. Head, Gh. Paun and D. Pixton, Language theory and molecular genetics: generative mechanisms suggested by DNA recomination, in Handbook of Formal Languages, eds. G. Rozenberg and A. Salomaa, Vol. 2, Ch. 7 (Springer-Verlag, 1997), 296–358.Google Scholar
- P. Helen Chandra, K.G. Subramanian, D.G. Thomas and D.L. Van, A note on parallel splicing on images, Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, 46 (2001), 255–268.Google Scholar
- T. Kalyani, A study on iso-picture languages, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Madras, (2006).Google Scholar
- T. Kalyani, V.R. Dare and D.G. Thomas, Local and recognizable iso-picture languages, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3316 (2004), 738–743.Google Scholar
- K. Krithivasan, V.T. Chakaravarthy and R. Rama, Array splicing systems, in Computing with Bio-molecules: Theory and Experiments, ed. Gh. Paun, (Springer-Verlag, 1998).Google Scholar
- V. Masilamani, D.K. Sheena Christy and D.G. Thomas, Parallel splicing on iso-arrays, IEEE - International Conference on Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Application (2010), 1535–1542.Google Scholar
- G.H. Paun and Santean L. Kari, Parallel communicating grammar systems: The regular case, Ann. Univ. Buc., See Matem-Inform, 38 (1989), 55–63.Google Scholar
- A. Roslin Sagaya Mary, K.G. Subramanian and K.S. Dersanambika, Image splicing grammar systems, Proceedings of Grammar Systems, E. Csuhaj-Varju and Gy. Vaszil (Eds.), MTA SZTAKI, Budapest, (2004), 276–286.Google Scholar