Control Words of Transition P Systems
A new way of associating a language with the computation of a P system is considered. A label is assigned to every rule in a P system, where the labels are chosen from a finite alphabet or \(\lambda .\) We associate a string, called control word, that is obtained by concatenating the labels of the rules in the transition sequence corresponding to a computation. We study the generative capacity of such control languages comparing them with family of languages such as regular, context-free, context-sensitive and recursively enumerable languages of Chomskian hierarchy.
KeywordsP System Finite language Regular language Context-free language Context-sensitive language Recursively enumerable language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Păun, Computing with membranes, Journal of Computer and System Science, 61(1), pp. 108–143,2000.Google Scholar
- G. Păun, Membrane Computing - An introduction, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2002.Google Scholar
- G. Păun, G. Rozenberg, A. Salomaa, Membrane computing with an external output, Fundamenta Informaticae, 41(3), pp. 313–340,2000.Google Scholar
- M. Oswald, P Automata, PhD Thesis, TU Viena, 2003.Google Scholar
- E. Csuhaj-Varjú, and G. Vaszil, P Automata or Purely Communicating Accepting P Systems, Membrane Computing, International Workshop, WMC-CdeA, Curtea de Arges, Romania, August 19–23, 2002.Google Scholar
- M. Ionescu, C. Martin-Vide, G. Păun, P systems with symport/antiport rules: The traces of objects, Grammars, 5, pp. 65–79, 2002.Google Scholar
- M. Minsky, Computation - Finite and infinite Machines, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1967.Google Scholar
- K. Krithivasan, G. Păun and A. Ramanujan, Control Words Associated with P Systems, Frontiers of Membrane Computing: Open Problems and Research Topics by M. Gheorghe, G. Păun and M. J. Pérez-Jiménez - editors published in the second volume of the proceedings of 10th Brainstorming Week on Membrane Computing, Sevilla, 2012, 171–250.Google Scholar
- A. Ramanujan and K. Krithivasan, Control Languages of Spiking Neural P Systems, Submitted. Google Scholar
- The P System Web Page: http://ppage.psystems.eu