Multiple Image Encryption Using Phase Manipulation and SCAN Methods
In this paper we propose a new concept of combined image encryption using phase manipulation and SCAN methods. Entire encryption process involves two stages where multiple images to be encrypted are applied to phase manipulation block. In first stage Fourier Transform (FT) is applied to get phase and magnitude of all input images. Phase of all images are scrambled to get modified image after applying Inverse Fourier Transform. In second stage these modified images are scrambled by using SCAN method. SCAN method finally gives resultant encrypted image by rearranging the pixels positions of modified image. Experiment is conducted for dual and multiple images using MATLAB software. From the experiment we obtained highly scrambled image at the end of encryption process. Decryption process employs exactly reverse process of encryption which results in the reconstructed images.
KeywordsPhase manipulation SCAN patterns Encryption Decryption
- 2.Prasanna SRM et al (2006) An image encryption method with magnitude and phase manipulation using carrier images. IJCS 1(2):132–137Google Scholar
- 4.Kachris C et al (2003) A reconfigurable logic based processor for the SCAN image and video encryption algorithm. IJPP 31(6):489–506Google Scholar
- 6.Acharya B et al (2009) Image encryption using advanced hill cipher algorithm. Int J Recent Trends Eng 1(1):663–667Google Scholar
- 7.Panduranga HT, Naveen Kumar SK (2011) Hybrid approach to transmit a secrete image. IEEE 978-1-4244-9581-8/11Google Scholar
- 8.Panduranga HT et al (2010) Hybrid approach for image encryption using SCAN patterns and Carrier Images. IJCSE 2(2):297–300Google Scholar