A DCT Based Near Reversible Data Embedding Scheme for MPEG-4 Video
The new category near reversible data embedding is emerging in the area of digital watermarking and steganography for providing security to the multimedia contents. Probably, the increased interest on this category of schemes is due to the limitations like more modifications, low embedding capacity of reversible schemes, apart from the applications of near reversible schemes. In this paper we propose a simple near reversible data embedding scheme which embeds the data during the process of MPEG-4 compression of digital video. We use the non-zero AC elements of quantized DCT coefficients in the middle frequency region of DCT blocks. We also give the formal definitions of the reversibility classifying the data embedding schemes. The experimental results not only shows the good performance in terms of capacity, visual quality, robustness but also the percentage of reversibility of host data is around 99.92 % for most of the test video sequences.
KeywordsNear reversible MPEG-4 DCT Embedding capacity Visual quality Non-zero AC coefficients.
- 1.Ahmed F, Moskowitz IS (2006) A semi-reversible watermark for medical image authentication. In: 1st Transdisciplinary conference on distributed diagnosis and home healthcare. D2H2, pp 59–62.Google Scholar
- 2.Barni M, Bartolini F, Cappellini V, Magli E, Olmo G. (2002) Near-lossless digital watermarking for copyright protection of remote sensing images. In: IEEE international geoscience and remote sensing symposium, 2002. IGARSS ’02., vol 3, pp 1447–1449.Google Scholar
- 4.Cox I, Miller M, Bloom J, Fridrich J, Kalker T (2008) Digital watermarking and steganography. Morgan Kaufman, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- 5.Fridrich J, Du R (2002) Lossless authentication of MPEG-2 video. In: ICIP’02, pp 893–896.Google Scholar
- 6.Furht B (1995) A survey of multimedia compression techniques and standards. Part I: JPEG standard. R‘eal-Time. Imaging 1:49–67Google Scholar
- 9.Sagar G, Amberker BB (2012) A DCT based reversible data hiding scheme for mpeg-4 video. In: Proceedings of international conference on signal, Image and Video Processing (ICSIVP) 2012, IIT Patna, pp 254–259, Jan 2012.Google Scholar
- 10.Tang Y-L, Huang H-T (2007) Robust near-reversible data embedding using histogram projection. In: In IIH-MSP 2007, vol 02, pp 453–456.Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang B, Xin Y, Niu X-X, Yuan K-G, Jiang H-B (2010) A near reversible image watermarking algorithm. In: International conference on machine learning and cybernetics (ICMLC), vol 6, pp 2824–2828, july 2010.Google Scholar