Hierarchical Clustering Algorithm for Intensity Based Cluster Merging and Edge Detection in Medical Images
Edge detection in medical images is an intrinsic difficult problem as the gray value intensity images may show different edges through Improved Mountain Clustering based medical image. We present a clustering based indexing technique, where the images in the database are grouped into clusters of images with similar color content using a hierarchical clustering algorithm. An initial comparative study of various medical datasets shows the differences and properties of these approaches and makes clear that the proposal has interesting properties.
KeywordsHierarchical clustering Edge detection Cluster merging Canny edge detector
The authors express their sincere thanks to the Management and the Principal of Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam for providing the necessary facilities for the completion of this paper.
- 3.Di Zenzo S (1986) A note on the gradient of a multiimage. Comput Vision Graph Image Process 33(116–125):1986Google Scholar
- 6.Chapron M (2000) A color edge detector based on statistical rupture tests. IEEE Int Conf Image Process II:820–823Google Scholar
- 8.Koschan A, Abidi M (2005) Detection and classification of edges in colour images. Signal Process Magazine Special Issue Color Image Process 22:67–73Google Scholar
- 10.Huntsberger TL, Descalzi MF (1985) Color edge detection. Pattern Recogn Lett 3:205–209Google Scholar
- 12.Marr D, Hildreth E (1980) Theory of edge detection. In: Proceedings of royal society of London, pp 187–217Google Scholar