A Semantic Search Engine to Discover and Select Sensor Web Services for Wireless Sensor Network
Sensor Web Services are the most emerging distributed applications and have potential usage in a wide range of application domain. The semantic based sensor service discovery is proposed to enhance the discovery of sensor services. sensor web service generates a large number of heterogeneous raw data, so it’s a big challenge now-a-days to organize these raw data using various techniques so as to make the discovery and the selection easy and efficient. This paper extends the functionality of UDDI by introducing semantic description which is stored in the semantic repository at the same time the service gets registered. To provide the requested services a match maker is usually required. The match making algorithm in this paper is a generic semantic discovery algorithm which is not restricted only to the keyword based search rather is used to find the best possible services and the selection of the right service for the right user.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pahlevan, A., Müller, H.A.: Static-Discovery Dynamic-Selection (SDDS) Ap-proach to Web Service Discovery. In: Proceedings of 7th IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2009), pp. 769–772 (July 2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Chu, X., Buyya, R.: Service Oriented Sensor Web. In: Mahalik, N.P. (ed.) Sensor Networks and Configuration: Fundamentals, Standards, Platforms and Applications, pp. 51–74. Springer (2007) 978-3-40-37364-3Google Scholar
- 3.Al-Masri, E., Mahmoud, Q.H.: Discovering the best Web service. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on World Wide Web, WWW 2007, pp. 1257–1258. ACM, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Park, J., Han, J., Kang, K., Lee, K.H.: The Registry for Sensor Network Discovery. In: Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Engineering Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS 2007), Auckland, New Zealand, July 11-14, pp. 129–137 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Parhi, M., Acharya, B.M., Puthal, B.: An Effective Mechanism to Discover Sensor Web Registry Services for Wireless Sensor Network under x-SOA Approach. In: Proceedings of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Trendz in Information Science & Computing (TISC 2010), Chennai, India, December 17-19 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Ibrahim, N., Le Mouël, F., Frénot, S.: Mysim: a spontaneous service integration mid-dleware for prevasive environments. In: Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Prevasive Services, ICPS 2009, pp. 1–10. ACM, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Pandey, K.K., Patel, S.V.: A Design of Sensor Web Registry for Wireless Sensor Networks with SOA Approach. In: Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSYN 2009), Indore, India, July 23-25, pp. 247–252 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Nath, R., Kumar, H.: Building Software Reuse Library with Efficient Key-word based Search Mechanism. International Journal of Computing Science and Communication Technologies 2(1) (2009) ISSN 0974-3375Google Scholar
- 9.Dong, X., Halevy, A., Madhavan, J., Nemes, E., Zhang, J.: Similarity search for web services. In: Proceedings of the Thirtieth International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, VLDB 2004, VLDB Endowment, pp. 372–383. (2004)Google Scholar