Route-Discovery Optimization in LAR: A Review
The Energy saving of a Wireless Network is a major design issue, since mobile devices are often mortified by the battery. For this, more effective and consistent routing-algorithm, mainly with the better adaptation under the Ad-Hoc dynamic environment is essential. Such as, GPS-based Location-Aided Routing (LAR) scheme, that was offered by Young-Bae and Nitin Vaidya. Several routing techniques under this were proposed with better consequences in dynamic topology of networks. Energy conservation can be obtained on several static and dynamic topologies via these techniques in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (MANETs). In this paper some modified “LAR-1 Route-Discovery optimization techniques” survey is presented. Some performance matrices of Ad-Hoc Networks such as, Packet Delivery Fraction (PDF), Routing Overhead, End to End (E2E) Delay, Network Life Time and Congestion Control can be improved using several LAR-1 Route-Discovery (Modernization) techniques. These improvement techniques are also included.
KeywordsMANETs LAR Route-Discovery (Modernization) Optimization Techniques PDF E2E Delay Routing Overhead parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, J., Mohapatra, P.: LAKER: Location Aided Knowledge Extraction Routing for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking 2, 1180–1184 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Gupta, N., Gupta, R.: Estimated New Routing Scheme in MANETs. International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) 17(5) (March 2011) ISSN: 0975-8887Google Scholar
- 3.Gajurel, S., Malakooti, B., Wang, L.: DA-MLAR-ODTP: Directional Antenna Mul-tipath Location Aided Routing with On Demand Transmission Power. In: International IEEE Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing, February 5-7, vol. (2) (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, S., Lin, L., Ying, Y., Wu, L.: High-effect Location-Aided Routing Scheme for Ad-Hoc Environment. In: ICACT 2007, February 12-14, pp. 41–45 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Olufade, F.W.O., Adenike, O.O., Olumide, B.L.: Performance Evaluation of Qos Reliability between Angular Scheme and Coordinate Scheme in MANETs. In: Third International Conference on Broadband Communications, Information Technology & Biomedical Applications. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, N., Huang, Y., Chen, J., Wang, S., Chen, C.: An Improved Location-Aided Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks with Greedy Approach. WSEAS Transactions On Communications 8(8) (August 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Jazyah, Y., Hope, M.D.: A Modified Location Aided Routing Protocol for UWB MANET. International Journal of Computers and Communications 4(2) (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Jang, H.-C., Hung, C.-C.: Direction Based Routing Strategy to Reduce Broadcast Storm in MANET. In: Third International Conference on Broadband Communications, Information Technology & Biomedical Applications, November 23-26, pp. 413–421 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Chaki, N.: LAR2P: A Location-Aided Reactive Routing Protocol for Near-Optimal Route Discovery in MANET. In: IEEE International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, pp. 259–264 (October 2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Ko, Y., Vaidya, N.: Location-aided routing (LAR) in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM 1998), pp. 66–75 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Fu, H., Wang, X., Li, Y.: Adaptive Energy and Location-Aware Routing in Wireless Sensor Network. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems, and Applications (2008)Google Scholar