Economic Load Dispatch with Prohibited Operating Zones Using Genetic Algorithms
This paper present an efficient and reliable Genetic Algorithm for solving Economical Load Dispatch problem with prohibited operating zones in power plant. The main objective is to minimize the total fuel cost of generating unit having quadratic cost characteristic subjected to limits on generator true and reactive power output, transmission losses, prohibited operating zones. This paper present an application of genetic algorithms to economic load dispatch problem with prohibited operating zones of power plants for 3 generator test case system . Economic load dispatch problem is applied and compared its solution quality and computational efficiency to GA other optimization techniques. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithms outperform previous optimization method.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithms Economic Load Dispatch Prohibited Operating Zones
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wood, A., Wollenberg, B.F.: Power Generation Operation and control. A wiley-interscience publication, John Wiley & Sons. INC. (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Laoufi, A., Hazzab, A., Rahli, M.: Economic Dispatch using Fuzzy Genetic Algorithm. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 1(3) (2006) ISSN 0973-4562 Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, C.-H., Chen, Y.-P.: Real Coded ECGA for Economic Dispatch. In: GECCO 2007, London, England, United Kingdom, July 7-11 (2007) Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, P.-H., Chang, H.-C.: Large-Scale Economic Dispatch by Genetic Algorithm. IEEE Trans. On Power System 10(4) (November 1995) Google Scholar
- 7.Haupt, R.L., Haupt, S.E.: Practical genetic algorithms, 2nd edn. John Wiley and Sons,Inc., Publication Hoboken, New Jersey (2004) Google Scholar