Quantum Concepts in Neural Computation
Quantum computation uses quantum mechanical concepts to perform computational tasks and in some cases its results are exponentially faster than their classical counterparts. The main practical reason to investigate the quantum concepts on artificial neural computation is motivated by the success of some quantum algorithms like Grover’s search algorithm and Shore’s factoring algorithm. The neural networks can be advanced more by the application of quantum computing on artificial neural network (ANN). Since quantum physics is the natural generalization of classical physics, the classical ANN can be generalized to its quantum domain by the combination of classical neural computation with quantum computation. In this paper we have tried to introduce basic quantum mechanical concepts in artificial neural computation.
KeywordsQuantum Computation Artificial Neural Network Quantum Neuron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Menneer, T., Narayanan, A.: Quantum-inspired Neural Networks. Tech. Rep. R329, Univ. of Exeter (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Ezhov, A., Ventura, D.: Quantum Neural Networks. In: Future Directions for lnielligent Systems and Information Sciences, pp. 213–234. Springer, Heidelberg (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Altaisky, M.V.: Quantum neural network, ArXiv: quant-ph/O l07012 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Landman, B.S., Russo, R.L.: IEEE Transactions on Computers 20, 1469–1479 (1971)Google Scholar
- 10.Ezhov, A.A., Shumsky, S.A.: Neurocomputing and its application in economics and business. Moscow Engineering Physics Institutes, Moscow (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Nielsen, M.A., Chuang, I.L.: Quantum computation and Quantum Information Chuang. Cambridge University press (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Ezhov, A.A., Berman, G.P.: Introduction to Quantum Neural Technologies. Rinton Press, New Jersey (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Menneer, T., Narayanan, A.: Quantum artificial neural network architectures and components. Information Sciences (128), 231–255 (2000)Google Scholar