Dynamic Tasks Scheduling Model for Performance Evaluation of a Distributed Computing System through Artificial Neural Network
As technology has quickly and relentlessly advanced in the field of computer hardware, Distributed Computing System [DCS] has become increasingly popular. Performance enhancement is one of the most important issues in distributed systems. In this paper we have proposed a dynamic task allocation model based on artificial neural network [ANN] scheduling approach to arrange the tasks to the processors. Relocating the tasks from one processor to another at certain points during the course of execution of the program that contributes to the total cost of the running program has been taken into account. Phase-wise Execution Cost [EC], Inter Task Communication Cost [ITCC], Residence Cost [RC] of each task on different processors and Relocation Cost [REC] for each task has been considered while preparing the model.
KeywordsDistributed Computing System Artificial Neural Network Phase-wise Execution Inter-Tasks Communication Cost Execution Cost Relocation Cost
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bokhari, S.H.: Assignment Problem in Parallel and Distributed Computing. Kulwer Academic Publishers (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Towsley, D.F.: Allocating Programs Containing Branches and Loops within a Multiple Processor System. IEEE Trans. Software Eng. SE-12(10), 1018–1024 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Singh, M.P., Yadav, P.K., Kumar, H.: A Tasks Allocation Model for Efficient Utilization Of Processor’s Capacity in Heterogeneous Distributed Systems. Presented 9th Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences, Held at Agra University Agra February 03-05 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Cho, S.Y., Park, K.H.: Dynamic Task Assignment in Heterogeneous Linear Array Networks for Metacomputing. In: Proceeding of IPPS, pp. 66–71 (1994)Google Scholar
- 11.Kumar, V., Singh, M.P., Yadav, P.K.: An Efficient Algorithm for Multiprocessor Scheduling with Dynamic Re-assignment. In: Proceeding of 6th National Seminar on Theoretical Computer Science, pp. 105–118 (1996)Google Scholar
- 12.Yadav, P.K., Singh, M.P., Kumar, H.: Scheduling Algorithm: Tasks Scheduling Algorithm for Multiple Processors with Dynamic Re-assignment. Journal of Computer Systems, Networks, and Communications (1), Article ID 578180, 1–9 (2008), doi:10.1155/2008Google Scholar