Evolutionary Technique Based Compensator for Z – Shaped Pantograph System
This paper shows the importance of the model order reduction using Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) technique by designing a compensator to obtain the desired specifications for a higher order Pantograph system. The PSO is an evolutionary technique of model order reduction in which an algorithm is developed to choose best solution among many possible groups of solutions, by minimizing the fitness function. In this paper the fitness function chosen is Integral Square Error which is a measure of Performance Index of the compensator of pantograph system.
KeywordsCompensator Particle Swarm Optimization Model Order Reduction Integral Square Error Pantograph System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle Swarm Optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Perth, Australia, pp. 1942–1945 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Tomar, S.K., Jain, A.K.: Particle Swarm Optimization Based Reduced Order Models for Controller Design. In: XVII International Conference on System Science, Poland, p. 43 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Nise, N.S.: Control System Engineering, pp. 256–258. John Wiley & Sons, United States of America (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Bandi, P.: High-Speed Rail Pantograph Control System Design, pp. 1–7 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Ogata, K.: Modern Control Engineering, pp. 608–610. Prentice - Hall of India Private Limited (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Tomar, S.K., Prasad, R.: A Indirect approach of model order reduction of linear Time-invariant systems using truncation method. In: XXXII National Systems Conference, NSC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar