Prevention of Digestive Cancers — The UICC Project on Evaluation of Primary Prevention
In the following prevention will be considered from the point of view of primary prevention. Screening, sometimes called secondary prevention, will not be covered. This paper is based on the work by the UICC project on Evaluation of Primary Prevention which has focussed on the effect of specific interventions on cancer risk. The project belongs to the UICC Epidemiology and Prevention Programme chaired by K. Aoki.
KeywordsCancer Risk Primary Prevention Preventive Trial Stomach Cancer Lower Quintile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mettlin C, Aoki K (eds) (1990) Recent proress in Research on Nutrition and Cancer. Progress in Clinical and Biological Research Volume 346. Wiley-Liss, Inc., New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Hirayama T (1990) Life-style and mortality: a large-scale census-based cohort study in Japan. Contributions to epidemiology and biostatistics, vol.6. Karger AG, BaselGoogle Scholar
- 3.Doll R, Peto R (1981) The causes of cancer. Oxford University Press, Oxford, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hakama M, Aaran RK, Alfthan G, Aromaa A, Hakulinen T, Knekt P, Maatela J, Nikkari T, Peto R, Teppo L (1990) Linkage of serum sample bank and cancer registry in depidemiological studies. In: Mettlin C, Aoki K (eds) Recent Progress in Research on Nutrition and Cancer, Wiley-Liss, Inc., New York, pp. 169–178Google Scholar
- 5.Hakama M, Beral V, Cullen JW, Parkin DM (eds) (1990) Evaluationg Effeciveness of Primary Preventin of cancer. IARC Scientific Publications No 103, LyonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hakulinen T, Andersen AA, Malker B, Pukkala E, Schou G, Tulinius H (1986) Trends in Cancer Incidence in the Nordic Countries. A Collaborative Study of the Five Nordic Cancer Registries. Acta Pathologica Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica, Supplement No 288, HelsinkiGoogle Scholar