When and How to Restore Temporal Point Recession
In the majority of patients, male pattern baldness is associated with loss of varying degrees in the temporal area. It is very important to restore the temporal points in these patients to give an aesthetically pleasing effect. Temporal point restoration results in high patient satisfaction, and while various methods are available, the most important concept remains the restoration of normal hair angles in the newly created temporal points.
KeywordsTemporal recession Temporal point Temporal hair restoration
I would like to thank Mr. Shahrukh for actively helping in searching the reference material and formatting the initial manuscript.
- 1.Zimbler MS, Jongwook H. Aesthetic facial analysis. In: Cummings otolaryngology: head and neck surgery. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Inc; 2005. p. 517–8.Google Scholar
- 2.Fisher J. Hair restoration. In: Neligan PC, editor. Plastic surgery. 3rd ed. London: Elsevier-Saunders; 2015. Chapter 23.Google Scholar
- 11.Wong J. When to restore the temple area. In: Pathomovach D, Imagawa K, editors. Hair restoration surgery in Asians. New York: Springer; 2010.Google Scholar
- 13.Mayer ML, Perez-Meza D. Temporal points: classification and surgical techniques. ESHRS J. 2003;392:6–7.Google Scholar
- 15.Neidel FG, Leoardt KB. Temporal points: our experiences in consideration of aesthetical aspects. ESHRS J. 2009;9(1):4–5.Google Scholar
- 16.Mayer ML. New tips on temporal points. ESHRS J. 2006;6(1):5.Google Scholar
- 18.Simmons C. Five old lines and three new lines that can help when designing a male temporal hairline or when transplanting the frontotemporal apex. Hair Tranplant Forum Int’l. 2004;14(6):201–3.Google Scholar
- 20.Mohmand MH. The curvature of a hair shaft: an important factor in giving a natural looking hair line. ESHRS Journal. 2005;5(2):6–7.Google Scholar